Baby Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink
- Tiliqua gigas
- Farm Bred
- Approximately 19 Inches In Length
- Adults Can Get Up To 18 – 24 Inches In Total Length
- Feeding On Veggies, Canned Skink Diet And Live Insects
Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink for sale is a color variant of the Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink (Tiliqua gigas), an Indonesian skink species. Because the axanthic morph lacks the normal yellow pigment, it appears black and white with variable hues of gray.
Halmahera Blue Tongue Skinks are omnivores who eat a variety of insects, snails, fruits, and vegetables. To ensure their health and well-being, their diet should be fortified with calcium and other vitamins and minerals. Obesity can cause health problems in blue tongue skinks, therefore it’s critical to give a balanced diet and avoid overfeeding.
Below are some tips to care for your Baby Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink;
- Enclosure: Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skinks require a 4 foot long, 2 foot wide, and 2 foot height enclosure. The enclosure should have a warm side that reaches 100-110 degrees Fahrenheit and a cool side that reaches 75-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Light: UVB lighting is required for Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skinks to synthesis Vitamin D3 and absorb calcium. In the enclosure, a UVB light should be installed and updated every 6-12 months.
- Substrate: Use an easy-to-clean and maintain substrate, such as reptile carpet or paper towels.
- Diet: Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skinks are omnivores that require a diverse diet of insects, fruits, and vegetables. Provide a variety of protein sources, including crickets, mealworms, and superworms, as well as fruits and vegetables, including bananas, blueberries, and leafy greens.
- Humidity: Humidity values of 50-60% are required by Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skinks. This can be accomplished by spraying the enclosure or providing a humid hide.
- Temperature: Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skinks are normally placid and make excellent pets, but they do require gentle handling and can be shy or protective if threatened.
Remember to always supply clean water, to spot clean the enclosure on a daily basis, and to deep clean the enclosure at least once a month. Regular veterinarian check-ups are also essential to ensure your Axanthic Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink’s health and well-being.
WE HAVE BABY AXANTHIC HALMAHERA BLUE TONGUE SKINKS FOR SALE. HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Tiliqua Gigas
- Farm Bred
- Approximately 12-14 Inches In Length From Head To Tail
- Adults Are Growing To Sizes Around 15 -20 Inches In Length From Head To Tail
- Voracious Foragers Eating Veggies, Canned Diet, And Live Insects In Captivity
- These Make Excellent Pets, Tame, Curious And Tons Of Personality
- Stunning Animals That Look Almost Unreal With Their Black And Silver Appearance
- Native To Indonesia, Papua New Guinea And Other Surrounding Islands
- We Would Recommend Keeping Them Alone Due To Territorial Behavior, Pair Together For Breeding Purposes Only
- These Are Terrestrial And Enjoy Burrowing, Provide Them With Adequate Hides And Deep Substrate
- With Proper Care These Skinks Can Live 12 – 15 Years In Captivity