Baby Ice Tegu Het Albino
An “Ice Tegu Het Albino” is a Tegu lizard that has the Ice Tegu morph as well as the Albinism gene. Let we define these terms:
Tegu: Tegus are huge, intelligent lizards from the Teiidae family. They are endemic to South America and are distinguished by their robust body, powerful jaws, and distinctive color patterns.
Ice Tegu is a color variation or morph of the Tegu lizard. It is distinguished by an eye-catching pattern of white or light gray scales on a mostly black or dark background. The contrast between the light and dark colors mimics fractured ice, hence the name “Ice Tegu.”
Het Albino: “Het” means for “heterozygous” and denotes that the Tegu contains the Albinism gene. Albino people lack pigment, which results in a lack of melanin, giving them a pale or white look. The Albinism gene is present but not visible in a Het Albino Tegu because it is linked with a dominant gene for normal pigmentation. Breeding a Het Albino with another Het Albino might result in Albino offspring.
It should be noted that Tegus, especially morphs and hybrids, necessitate specialist care. To survive as pets, they require a big enclosure with suitable temperature gradients, UVB sunlight, a varied and nutritious feed, and regular handling and interaction. Furthermore, when considering getting a specific morph or genetic mix, it is critical to conduct research on reliable breeders or sources to assure the animal’s health and well-being.
WE HAVE BABY ICE TEGU HET ALBINO FOR SALE. HERE ARE SOME HIGHLIGHTS:
- ***NO FLORIDA SALES***
- Salvator Merianae X Salvator Rufescens
- 2021 Captive Bred Here At Underground Reptiles
- Approximately 8 – 10 Inches In Length
- Adults Will Average In Sizes Around 3-4 Feet In Length
- Babies Are Feeding On Crickets, Super worms, Horn worms, And Roaches. Also Including Cut Up Gizzards, And A Bit Of Ground Turkey
- Overly Cute And Super Friendly Little Lizards That Age Into Big Puppy Dogs With Handling And Care
- Parents are Albino And 100% Het Albino Ice tegus – Babies Are 50% Chacoan 37.5% Blue 12.5% Red – All Tegus Are 100% Het Albino
- Tegus Can Be Naturally Found All Throughout South America Ranging From Argentina, To Paraguay And Their Neighboring Countries
- Living In Forest Edge Savannahs, And Rain Forests In South America These Tegus Thrive Off Of Hot Humid Temperatures
- With Proper Care These Tegus Can Live 20 – 25 Years In Captivity